What Causes Unhappiness Part 2 – A Lesson to Start Overcoming Unhappiness
It is important to understand that words that a person uses are not just words. The use of words one consciously chooses and the words that occur automatically out of habit in daily life, form a basis for all the possibilities of experiences for one’s todays and tomorrows. They create perimeters for one’s possibilities in life that can not be crossed and often screen out unconsciously what one may really desire. Words are the basis of staying in, reinforcing experiences of suffering (stress, dissatisfaction, emotional pain), or they reinforce and maintain living in peace and/or joy.
As my teacher Shi Chien Li says: “You can not live above, or beyond (the meanings of) your words.” So, if you wish to create a meaningful life for yourself, then begin by:
- Using your words more consciously!
- Speaking the kind of words that describe or lend themselves to the kind of experiences you yourself wish to have, because that is exactly what they do.
- Get rid of the words that don’t serve you (as kindness and thoughtfulness) because the words that you use will become the basis of all your potential experiences.
- Do not preoccupy yourself with anything that is as of yet unattained.
- Allow yourself to be only occupied with what is in front of you to do, or what you are in that moment planning on the details of doing.
- Frustration, stress, dissatisfaction and emotional pain are all born of words that are not synonymous with one’s good desires for themselves.
- Remember that all experiences come from within you and not from what is outside of you.
- Practice inner calmness as a refuge and a chosen base to live in and from (feeling) state of being (I will post a video soon describing how to do this).
This begins the process of overcoming unhappiness…